The final ruling for the 2015 EHR Incentive Programs (meaningful use) was released earlier this week. The new requirements expand meaningful use of certified EHR technology to promote health information exchange and improved patient outcomes. The rule also includes changes to the structure of the EHR Incentive Programs to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility.
Major provisions in the EHR Incentive Programs for 2015 include:
- A revised single set of objectives and measures, including a reduction in the overall number of objectives to which a provider must attest.
- Alternate exclusions and specifications for providers previously scheduled to be in Stage 1 of meaningful use.
- A shift to calendar year reporting and a 90-day EHR reporting period for all providers in 2015. 2016 is anticipated to be a full calendar year of reporting.
- Attesting to objectives and measures using EHR technology certified to the 2014 Edition.
- Revisions to attestation and payment adjustment deadlines.
The Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System will not reopen until January 4, 2016. All attestations will occur January 4 – February 29, 2016.
Visit the EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs.